I use Adium for Chatting on my Mac. It is a great little App that allows you to connected with multiple Account types like MSN, Yahoo, Google Chat ( or gmail ), MySpace, Facebook and more… all in the one cool customisable messenger.
Today I looked at writing my own Message Theme as a quick learning exercise.
I have released the theme for free and you can download both Adium and any themes at Adium Extras.
The top 6 browsers to visit my Blog are IE 5, 6 & 7, Firefox 2 & 3 and Safari.
I can’t believe that IE 6 is kicking around in such high percentages, and worse still is some IE 5 visitors! On a recent website we blocked all support for IE 6 and below, it directed to a splash page with links to download the decent major players. Generally I just let the visitor browse the site as is.
For the first time I loading this blog with this new theme in IE 6 and it does display well, although there is nothing fancy with the design.
In all – Why oh why?
Why do so many people use these old browsers? Because of lazy IT departments, yes, Because of illegitimate copies of Windows that stop windows updater, I bet. But surely with Safari and Firefox both being free?
Recently I have been working on a large project for a National Sporting team, It has been a process and it is almost finished.
As part of this system, we have developed an extended custom content management system.
Finding a WYSIWYG Editor for these types of sites is a tricky thing. Your editor of choice needs to be complex enough to let the user Manage their site, but not too hard that they can’t and don’t manage it, yet not give them so many options that your beautiful design gets listed on some of the ‘worst’ design sites due to ‘Crazy Customisation’, bright, huge highlighted words, 5mb images on every page and so on… like a ‘Client goes Crazy’ Video.
WordPress uses TinyMCE editor from MoxieCode, which is what we first implemented, but the design agency requested that they can add inline images in to the content. ( Bad thoughts crept in to my mind of a horror site coming out ) but I decided this would be a nesscarry change.
I went back to an old faithful that Ryan & I have used for years on other CMS’s.
The issue with this is it uses it’s own class, and interferes with CodeIgniter, the PHP FRamework that we are developing this site in.
After some googling, I found a solution on the CodeIgniter Wiki. After installing it, I first found I needed some small customizations, and that it wasn’t a new version, and didn’t have Safari support, which both us developers, and the advertising agency use. So I went to work on repackaging SPAW 184.108.40.206 for CodeIgniter with a few extra plugins.